If the plastic lining of your pool gets a tear, it can be fixed. Fixing it quickly prevents further damage. Don’t let it get worse by using these steps to make repairs.
- Match the material you’re repairing. Cut a piece about two inches larger than the patch you’re fixing.
- Clean the area where the patch will go. Remove the algae and grime to make the patch stick better.
- Put the glue on one side of the patch. Make sure you’re using an underwater adhesive and follow its directions.
- Fold the patch in half, with the glued sides touching. Use goggles when you’re in the pool to locate the hole.
- Unfold the patch and place it on the hole. Press from the center out toward the sides. The patch should not move around, but it may move the excess adhesive out the edges.
- The patch needs to dry for 24 hours. Check it the next day to see it attached. If it didn’t, you will need to remove the patch and let it dry before you reapply it.
When you use your swimming pool on a regular basis, it’s almost inevitable that you may end up with a rip at some point. Instead of replacing the entire liner, visit this website for plastic repair in Escondido.